Welcome PA Personal Care Home Administrators!
Personal Care Homes:
Per the Pennsyvlania Department of Public Welfare (PA DPW), personal care home administrators can complete half of their required training (12 of 24 hours) using approved web-based training. We offer over 42 hours of PA DPW approved web-based continuing education to meet your requirements. Click here to view the PA DPW approval document: PA DPW Approval
The following courses have been approved by the PA DPW for Personal Care Home Administrators:
- Adverse Medication Events (1 hour)
- Burns and Scalds (1 hour)
- Choking and Aspiration (1 hour)
- Culture Change in Assisted Living (1.5 hours)
- Dementia and Mental Illness (2 hours)
- Elder Abuse (1 hour)
- Emergency Planning Module 1: Basics, Hazards, and Teamwork (2.5 hours)
- Emergency Planning Module 2: Sheltering/Evacuating/Communicating (2.5 hours)
- Emergency Planning Module 3: Hazard Specific Guides (2.5 hours)
- Emergency Planning Module 4: Recovering from an Emergency (2 hours)
- Emergency Planning Module 5: Writing, Training, and Practicing (1.75 hours)
- Falls (2 hours)
- Fire Safety Devices (2 hours)
- Foodborne Illness (1 hour)
- Infectious Diseases (2 hours)
- Malnutrition (1 hour)
- Preventing Fire Hazards (2 hours)
- Problem Use of Alcohol (1 hour)
- Promoting Independent Dining (1 hour)
- Promoting Independent Dressing (1 hour)
- Promoting Independent Personal Care (1.25 hours)
- Promoting Independent Toileting (1.25 hours)
- Promoting Mobility (1.25 hours)
- Promoting Social Interaction (1.25 hours)
- QA/QI Part 1: Foundation for Success (1.5 hours)
- QA/QI Part 2: Developing Successful Action Plans (1.5 hours)
- Restorative Care for Administrators (2 hours)
- Suicide and Depression (1 hour)
NOTE: If you are a licensed Nursing Home Administrator (NHA), click on the link to visit our NHA page. NHA course page
Our courses are great for STAFF TRAINING TOO! Contact us for information on our staff training program and group discounts.
For as little as $10 per credit hour, you can meet your training requirements from the convenience of own office or home.
It's easy. Here are the steps:
1. Click the link below to view our list of courses. Be sure to select PA DPW approved courses. (Look for PA DPW beside the course title.)
2. Decide which courses you want to complete by clicking the View Details button beside the courses.
3. Add the courses to your cart. If you want to train your staff too, simply type in the number of staff you want to train and you can view the group discounts. The more staff you train, the more you save.
4. Complete the secure checkout process. Along the way, you will create a username and password that you can use to access your courses throughout the year.
5. Once you complete the checkout, click on the On-Line Learning Center link to start your courses.
6. Take the courses at your convenience. They are available to you for 1 year from the date of purchase. Once you complete a course and posttest, a certificate will be generated for you on-line and you can print and save this certificate for your records. NOTE: Our courses require a high-bandwidth Internet connection.
Click on the link below to view our listing of on-line courses:
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at the e-mail/phone number provided on the website. Thanks so much!